Facebook & Corona Cure Ads

Facebook Approved Ads With Coronavirus Misinformation https://www.consumerreports.org/social-media/facebook-approved-ads-with-coronavirus-misinformation/?link_id=4&can_id=2482d645840ced6cafab44fa2a79f98a&source=email-facebook-is-going-to-get-someone-killed-2&email_referrer=email_788748___subject_1062248&email_subject=facebook-and-covid-19

wow incredible, it’s all the types of ads that Facebook swore it wouldn’t allow!

My Grandmother lives alone and I try to make a point now to call her once a day, because she does not leave the house. I don’t want to see her in person for obvious COVID reasons - she is able to take care of herself but her health also puts her in a very prime candidate for having COVID-19 issues.

When we talk, we often talk about the news and she will focus on one or two specific details that really scare her. There is a lot to be afraid of, but she will always obsess on one or two very specific details that she only half remembers, and then of course mutates into something way scarier in her mind because it is based on only half remembered facts. I think our conversations are very important to her because I am able to help keep her calm and stay somewhat centered in a very frightening time.

All of that is to say I am very glad she is not on Facebook, because things like this would confuse and frighten her even more.

1 Like