Hi all, let’s use this thread to come up with a plan for the final project. As we discussed on our call this week, my idea is for us to create a resource space on libraryfreedom.wiki with actually useful materials related to coronavirus and privacy, and perhaps other issues as well. These are the categories I came up with:
- Privacy threats due to coronavirus concerns
- Privacy issues in online learning environments
- Privacy needs with emerging collective action, eg safely running mutual aid projects, organizing rent strikes, organizing unemployed people’s actions, and so on
- Other library-related issues, like addressing fake news and disinformation
- Positive helpful things to keep our morale up during this time
And a dissemination plan for all this that is not “send out another long resource list to our networks”. Figuring out how we address people’s needs at the point that they need it, sharing only one piece of information at a time, and so on. Who our audience is, how frequently we want to be sharing info, where, etc.
Let’s hear some thoughts about this and once we have an idea for the general framework, I will create a space on the wiki for it all.