Greetings from IMLS and Washington, DC

I wanted to introduce myself to Cohort Four. I am the Program Officer at the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) managing and monitoring this grant. LFI is a unique and special opportunity for professional development in privacy awareness and advocacy for librarians. I wish you well in your progress working with Alison Macrina and Howard Besser. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have questions about IMLS and federal funding opportunities. Despite the challenges of our times, I encourage you to pursue social justice and equity in your communities.

7 Likes

We are all so appreciative of IMLS (and of James in particular) for the great support they have offered in training librarians to advocate for digital privacy, particularly for the most privacy “at risk” segments of their communities. And we are particularly happy about this cohort being majority BIPOC. Thanks to James and IMLS!!!

2 Likes

Great to have you here @james3neal! Thank you for all of your support.

1 Like

I’ve been watching the Vimeo lecture/videos recently for this cohort and I am extremely impressed with the diversity of this group. So many great voices and experiences …

2 Likes

It’s great to have you!

1 Like