Organized specially for LFI…
Please join this special session on Intro to Freedom of Information Requests - Basics for Archivists and Librarians.
The hour-long training will cover:
• what is the Freedom of Information Action (FOIA)
• federal and state law
• figuring out your transparency questions
• deciding what to ask for
• how to formulate a request
• how to follow through on a request
• tools useful to the process, such as search tricks, DocumentCloud and the MuckRock platform
By learning the basic of requesting public documents through the FOIA, librarians from the Library Freedom Project and the Black archivist community of practice will gain a starting point for employing and sharing this valuable information tool with their patrons and colleagues.
Will try to remember to record, so register anyway for a follow-up email with recording link.