Here is what I pulled together for session topics in the other thread:
- General LFI, who we are and what we’re doing. I would like to be on this panel. Howard should definitely review this submission before we send it because I got my last one rejected from PLA. IFC or IFRT sponsor.
- Privacy talking points which could fit into the ethics convo. SRRT sponsor.
- Privacy tools and teaching, which would be LITA
- Powermapping for libraries, which could be another interest group
- I would love for us to do a higher level tech/ethics talk about our anti-facial recognition work and I would like to be on this panel as well. LITA, SRRT, or IFC could sponsor.
I submitted a panel description about the first topic to @josh to be sponsored by IFRT.
The people from the original thread who expressed interest in doing ALA talks are: @_TJ, @CarolynGlauda, @Steph (who was interested in powermapping), @distanttaxa, @ktrinh-sy (who brought up the idea of doing something about our post-it session on communicating privacy and @BelOutwater and @Julia offered to help ), @nbecwar1, @SymphonyBruce, and @jtidal who are working on the LITA proposal.
I will make new threads for the other conferences.