Powermapping Library Boards/Local Officials

I think it goes without saying that the powermapping section of the previous weekend was quite powerful. I’ve been thinking a lot about how to map my own library board and local government to help push change in my communities. I know we’ve got a lot going on with our projects and such, but if anyone is interested in practicing some more powermapping I’d love to work with you.

I think it’s a skill that requires a lot of practice and I want to make sure we don’t forget what we learned! Let me know if you’re interested!

4 Likes

I would love to practice with you! Definitely interested!

0 Likes

I’m very interested in doing more work with power mapping as well. Realistically it’s prob going to be a week or two before I could spend much time on it, but keep me in the loop if that’s cool.

Also very eagerly awaiting Nash’s slides…especially as I’m hoping to talk about power mapping with a group I’m meeting with next week–we are trying to form a digital equity coalition in my city, so I think this exercise could potentially be extremely helpful in making sure we’re getting the right people involved and can make change happen.

0 Likes

Totally fair, I’m in the same boat, but I wanted to start a thread so I wouldn’t forget. I’m sure we’ve all got a lot on our plates!

0 Likes

Hi @_TJ:

Yes! I am interested in learning and keeping with this.

:smiling_imp:

0 Likes

Hi all, here are Nash’s slides! https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1sUCRd9ufVu-xLbSgySt09sw0xpEaARgbk3-3L-2L170/edit?usp=sharing

He’s also interested in hearing what feedback we have for him about the training!

1 Like

hooray thank you!

1 Like