Quotable Tshirts

adding to the chat

" The details are not super glamorous"
" We can be our own machines"

2 Likes

Freddy Martinez:

“It’s incredible what you can do with five or ten really smart people who aren’t afraid to throw themselves at the machine.”

“I don’t have any special skills, I’m just very obnoxious.” [Alison disagreed about the skills part and Freddy seemed very determined and sweet, not obnoxious.]

5 Likes

We can not LibGuide our way out of this

3 Likes

Credit goes to this stranger on Twitter that showed up because someone I follow liked the tweet: https://twitter.com/mariataccardi/status/1296153675929473025

1 Like

Organize. Build Power. Reduce Harm.
Maty Cropley

3 Likes

Days after this talk, still thinking about how to distill all my wordy ethics down to 2-3 succinct phrases.

1 Like

I got carjacked on the information super highway
Kimberly

3 Likes

lol, steady chattin’ nonsense. :blush:

1 Like

I got carjacked on the information super highway

this one might make it onto an LFI tshirt tbh

1 Like

I would also like it on a baseball cap. It seems very hat-ish to me for some reason.

2 Likes

I can barely fit baseball hats on my massive head, but I would make this work.

“Hating Elsevier Since Before It Was Cool”

1 Like

to paraphrase:
2021 theme of the year: mutual aid

1 Like

100% it needs to be a hat

Other lovely quotes from today:
Free software means endless free time
At best, they were greedy
Data Poison (not a quote, but still one of the best phrases of the past 14ish weeks)

3 Likes

Also adding from today:
“We are our own pandemic.” <–This was in the chat and attributed to Frank, correct?
“You can’t steal them if they’re opensource.”

2 Likes

Yup. The pandemic line was mine :slight_smile:
I’ve always loved the way of looking at the spread of ideas like a viral infection (it’s a popular trope in more cerebral science fiction - Neal Stephenson’s Snow Crash does a really great job exploring this)