VPNs in Libraries

Hey y’all. We just wrapped up that awesome facial recognition lecture, and I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. Truly illuminating. But I want to talk about a slightly different project that also has a place in my heart. I was part of a team that proposed a grant to the IMLS on the topic of libraries and VPNs. We’re looking for test libraries who may want to be involved with round 1 of the roll out once the software is ready to roll out. If you, your director, or your sysadmin might be interested, or you just need more info, please let me know. I’d love to work with you and your libraries on this.

Here is the link to the grant: https://www.imls.gov/grants/awarded/lg-36-19-0071-19

3 Likes

I met Chuck (from Lebanon Public Libraries) back in March, and he was telling me about this project, I’m so glad to hear you got your funding!

3 Likes

Chuck is amazing and this project wouldn’t have happened without him. I’m so excited to see where it goes and even more excited atm because we actually got funded.

We’re still looking for a few alpha testers for the project (after the software has been built) and I think this would be a great opportunity for libraries to get themselves on the map with some awesome press. I’m currently working on a draft on how to propose it to directors and trustees/boards, so hopefully that will help streamline things.

Please please please ask questions if you have them!

2 Likes

Hope to talk with you and Chuck soon. Expecting great impact from this project.

2 Likes

We’re so excited. I just want to get this group involved too, I think there is a lot of room here to grow and I want everyone to get every opportunity to be as progressive in their libraries as possible!

2 Likes